We are happy to announce that our parish plan for re-opening our church for the celebration of Mass has been approved by our diocese. We will be opening our doors next weekend for a Saturday evening Vigil Mass at 4:30PM as well as Sunday Mass at 9AM in the Sacred Heart Chapel.
Due to the necessity of social distancing for health reasons, our seating will be limited. Those wishing to attend one of these Masses will require a reservation. You may call the parish office or simply email email@example.com
. Attendees will also be required to wear a mask throughout the Mass, except when consuming the Eucharist. There will be other procedural changes to safeguard your health, all of which are available on our website. Please go to the site to review these protocols, but know that we will have hospitality ministers to guide you every step of the way.
For those of you who are not able to attend Mass at this time for any reason, please know that we will continue to broadcast Sunday Mass at 9AM for the duration of this challenging circumstance. The Church has conferred dispensation of the Sunday obligation until further notice.
We joyfully anticipate our return to the community celebration of Holy Eucharist. We pray for the end of this time of trial and ask our Heavenly Father to keep us in His loving care until the day I can say to all of you, “Welcome home!”
The following Guidelines will need to be followed:
Before you leave home:
· If you are 65 or older, especially if you have pre-existing health conditions, please consider joining us via our live streaming service. If you have symptoms of any type of illness, please remain at home and be attentive to your health needs. The obligation for Mass attendance is still suspended and will remain so until further notice. Your health and safety is our primary concern.
· You will be required to wear a mask/face covering for the duration of our Mass.
· A reservation is required for attendance at Mass. Please contact the parish office at 630-530-8515 or email RSVP@icelmhurst.org
to secure seating. Your reservation MUST be confirmed by the office.
· Use the restroom before leaving the house. The facilities in the church or chapel must be sanitized after each use. We are striving to minimize their use.
When you arrive for Mass:
· Check in with a greeter at the check-in table.
· Enter only through the center front doors.
· Deposit your offering in the baskets provided.
· An usher will provide you with hand sanitizer.
· Take your place in the pew as directed by an usher.
· You may only share a pew with those people who live in your home, except in cases of single participants sitting at a social distance.
· Social distance will be maintained at all times.
· Do not change pews once you are seated.
· Wear your mask/face covering throughout Mass (except when receiving Holy Communion).
· No physical contact, except with members of your own household, during the sign of peace.
· No singing or use of hymnals will occur during the Mass, in an effort to minimize risk of contamination.
Receiving Holy Communion:
· The priest will approach each row for communion.
· When the usher approaches your pew, stand up.
· You will be given more hand sanitizer by the usher; please remember not to touch your face after this.
· Receive the Host in your hand ONLY.
· After the priest passes by you, remove the strap from one ear of your mask or face covering, letting it hang from the other ear and uncovering your mouth, consume the Host.
· Replace the mask over your mouth and nose.
· You may kneel or pray silently until the priest is finished with the congregation.
· Gather all personal items.
· Use only the proper exits, as directed by an usher.
· Do not congregate outside the doors or in the parking lots.
· Do not remove your mask until you have left the grounds.